Top 10 Places in Athens to Watch the UGA GamePosted on October 12, 2016
In Athens, Georgia, we love our football. This town prides itself on being a community that can all come together for their love of the game. Couldn’t get a ticket to the next home game? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with these top 10 places to watch your beloved bulldogs do what they do best on football Saturdays!
- Mellow Mushroom: What is better than football and pizza? This nationally loved pizza joint provides large, high-def TV’s to watch the game and one of its founders is actually a UGA Alumna!
- Fuzzy’s: Host a viewing party at Fuzzy’s and enjoy a refreshing margarita while you cheer on the Dawgs!
- Bar South: Bar South is one of Athen’s favorite sports bars. There are a selection of games to play while watching the game and also provides live music!
- Double Barrel: This is a relatively new bar to Athens but is named after the famous landmark, the double-barreled cannon. This bar provides a large amount of seating and a generous outdoor patio, perfect for any large group of fans!
- Tate Theatre: This family friendly setting is a perfect place to escape the craziness of downtown and watch the game. Watch your favorite team in a movie theater-like setting with large seating, a large projection screen and prime location across from Sanford Stadium.
- Amici’s: Enjoy some hot wings and cold beer and watch the game from one of many big screen TVs.
- Blind Pig Tavern: Located right downtown, this bar is another Athens top pick to watch the game. Enjoy some burgers, BBQ and wings at this joint.
- The Rooftop of the Georgia Theatre: Not only do you get a great place to watch the game, but you also get breathtaking views of downtown Athens. Watch your favorite bulldogs from this awesome venue.
- Saucehouse: This barbeque joint in new to Athens but it is also the first of its kind. With cafeteria-style service, this is the perfect place to load up on food and watch your favorite team.
- The Georgia Club: Host a viewing party for all of your neighbors and friends at The Georgia Club. The clubhouse, which is filled with sculptures of the Georgia Bulldogs’ mascot, UGA, and framed pictures of the stadium and campus, can be used to host a game watching parties and other fun events.
Luckily for the residents of The Georgia Club, there is no shortage of Georgia football pride. Living close to all of the excitement, but still having the small town feel gives the residents the best of both worlds. Click Here to take a look at what the Georgia Club lifestyle has to offer.