The Top 5 Places to Watch the Dawgs in the AutoZone Liberty BowlPosted on December 29, 2016
The Georgia Bulldogs are set to take on the Texas Christian Horned Frogs in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl at high Noon on Friday, Dec. 30 at Commonwealth Stadium in Memphis, Tenn. The 7-5 Dawgs, led by first-year head coach Kirby Smart, enter the contest as winners of three-of-their-last-four games and are searching for their third straight bowl victory. If you were unable to the make the trip to Memphis, then there is no better place to be than Athens for the game. Here are the Top 5 Places to watch the Dawgs on Friday afternoon
- Mellow Mushroom: What is better than football and pizza? This nationally loved pizza joint provides large, high-def TV’s to watch the game and one of its founders is actually a UGA Alumna!
- Tate Theatre: This family friendly setting is a perfect place to escape the craziness of downtown and watch the game. Watch your favorite team in a movie theater-like setting with large seating, a large projection screen and prime location across from Sanford Stadium.
- The Rooftop of the Georgia Theatre: Not only do you get a great place to watch the game, but you also get breathtaking views of downtown Athens. Watch your favorite bulldogs from this awesome venue.
- The Georgia Club: Host a viewing party for all of your neighbors and friends at The Georgia Club. The clubhouse, which is filled with sculptures of the Georgia Bulldogs’ mascot, UGA, and framed pictures of the stadium and campus, can be used to host a game watching parties and other fun events.
- Double Barrel: This is a relatively new bar to Athens but is named after the famous landmark, the double-barreled cannon. This bar provides a large amount of seating and a generous outdoor patio, perfect for any large group of fans!
The youthful exuberance of UGA keeps Athens forever young and brings with it a plethora of sports, music and cultural activities. The Georgia Club is located minutes from the heart of Athens and less than an hour from Atlanta. Discover Georgia’s premier golf and country club community. The selection of homes in the distinctive neighborhoods offers relaxed luxury. Live near your alma mater and enjoy classic Southern living at The Georgia Club.