NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES
At The Georgia Club, we continue to take all precautions during this difficult time to protect our members and customers. Please see below for operational changes, updates and safety measures we are taking:
A few friendly reminders for general club usage:
- All Areas of the Club that remain open are strictly for Members Only
- The Clubhouse and patios are closed. Only access is for To Go orders
- Outside Alcohol is still not permitted on Club property
- Clubhouse facilities and restrooms are not available – Please plan accordingly
- Children 18 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent at all times and within all areas of the Club
On The Golf Course:
- The Course is open at this time
- Please note: the golf course maintenance team will be working with a limited crew so, ask that no one tee off until 9:30 am
- The Golf Shop will continue to be closed and all operations will be facilitated from outside
- Bag drop service will not be available until further notice
- Please check in with the starter before your round
- There will be staff on hand to manage the first tee
- There will be no Beverage Cart Service during this period of time
- Water coolers have been removed from the golf course as well as bunker rakes
- Please keep the flag in at all times on the greens
- The Driving Range will be open in limited capacity starting Friday, March 27, 2020
- Please use the range to warm up only & only hit a few balls to allow others to warm up
- Please exhibit social distancing while on the range and practice green
Golf carts will once again be permitted starting Thursday, March 26, 2020 under the following guidelines:
- Golf Members Only
- Couples and members of the same family may share a cart
- We recommend all other carts be 1 member per cart
- Carts will be available on a first come first serve basis
- Each cart will be washed and sanitized after each round. With these necessary precautions, you may have to wait for a cart to become available
- There will be no towels and coolers on the carts
- No personal cart usage will be allowed on the Golf Course
- We ask that you continue to be good stewards of the Club and respect the golf course and other golfers.
- For your safety, we ask all residents who are walking, jogging and biking to stay off the golf course.
Dining at the Club:
- Courts will remain open for members only to use. No Group Lessons/Outings until March 30th
- The Fitness Center will be closed March 18th until March 30th, possibly longer.
- All Fitness and Yoga Classes are canceled until March 30th, possibly longer.
- Children 18 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent at all times at all areas of the Club
- While our fitness center is closed, we are extending golf access to Fitness Members. Fitness members will only be allowed to walk the course as carts will be reserved for Golf Members. Please call the shop to learn more about this opportunity.
If we cannot open the clubhouse for Easter, we are working on a plan to provide Easter To-Go Meals for your families. We will update you on this as plans develop
Below are the recommended precautions from the CDC website (www.cdc.gov):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of face masks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings facility). (at home or in a health care)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.